Because words are not on my side tonight and because I still owe Eila fourteen facts about myself — here comes the kraken:
The rules of the award created by Okoto Enigma are these:
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Instead of three, I will share 14 things about moi:
- I don’t eat meat anymore.
- I have wonky teeth so I wear Invisalign.
- Three homies who changed my life (sort of): Karl Marx, Vladimir Lenin, and Mao Tse Tung
- I love oversized jackets with huge pockets à la Lindsay Weir.
- I don’t separate puti from de-kolor.
- I used to watch a lot of Japanese dramas.
- I love the word “tender.”
- I am super stoked for the World Cup next year.
- I know how to program in Assembly pero medyo lang.
- I prefer this_style over thisStyle.
- I find it weird how blog awards use the term “nominee” but declare no winner.
- Lorde’s Pure Heroine is constant in my top 10.
- I’m waiting for Saga to wrap up before I read the rest of the issues; I stopped at volume 5.
- I’m currently trying to figure out whether “try to relax” is indeed a paradox or not.
Now on to Krishelinda’s questions:
1. What’s a song that was released in the year you were born that you really, really like?
Um, Ella Mae Saison’s “Till My Heartaches End”? But I actually like the Carol Banawa version better. Grabe baks, this question requires research pala haha!
2. If your life was a novel, what would be the title?
Swerte Mo Kung Mapagbibigyan: A Kakaibabe Story (wuw hahaha!)
3. What word defines you?
Petiburgis (lower middle class)
4. What are the small things that instantly put a smile on your face?
Good music, warm showers, cute boys — but not all at the same time naman hahaha.
5. Weird Question: Let’s say that you are a Customer Care Staff. What would you do when a client who’s very angry at the situation seriously told you that he’s going to make you eat poop? *eh-kung-pakainin-kita-ng-tae-dyan-sabay-flex-ng-maskels-nyang-nonexistent-anger-levels*
“I don’t see how that would help, sir, but would you like to speak with a supervisor?” said Jolens in soshal, sassy English.
And now for my nominees:
I nominate Marco for president, in case she wants an excuse to update her blog.
I nominate Carmina for vice president — please write more juicy stuff about Pinoy movies (nag-request? haha).
I nominate Kish for secretary because I enjoy reading her cute, bite-sized stories.
I nominate Mel for treasurer — hope everything goes well with your job!
I nominate Yerxen for auditor because I dig her short, often profound posts.
I nominate Jirah for PRO because she’s a charming cat kid who does Q&A stuff on her blog.
I nominate Aubu22 for sergeant-at-arms — may all the rashes go away, madam.
And I respectfully nominate myself for muse because why the hell not. No need to nominate a dude for escort — Vic already volunteered o:
Anyways, the questions:
- Not-so-weird: What is your favorite Filipino Christmas song and why is it better than Aegis’ “Christmas Bonus”?
- If I were to send you P1000 and you’re not allowed to send it back to me, what would you do with the money?
- Is there a historical figure or event from the previous century (pre-2000) that you find interesting? Why so? It could be anyone or anything ha, from Erap to 2pac to the premiere of the seminal teen flick Flames: The Movie.
- What makes a person boring?
- In what ways are you a better person today compared to what you were last year?
You folks don’t have to do this award at all, no pressure! Just know that I’m always abangerz to your blogs, mmkay?
And ah, these JJ posts are not the best by any measure but they all are dear to me: 1) On Badjao Girl, free slippers, and other superficial sympathies, 2) Unsent, and 3) Umuwi na tayo dahil wala nang sense ang ating mundo.
There, peeps. Hopefully I get to write a non-award post soon — bow!