1. The last song you listened to: 3 A.m. — Gregory Alan Isakov
2. Last song you purchased: Smokers In Love — The Lucksmiths
3. Song you discovered on YouTube/
tumblr: Take Me Somewhere Nice — Mogwai
4. Favourite Soundtrack piece: Adagio in D Minor — John Murphy (“Kaneda’s Death”)
5. Favourite Band: Eraserheads
6. Favourite Solo Artist: Joni Mitchell
7. Favourite Album: Blue by Joni Mitchell
8. Best Live Gig OR Act you want to see live: I would love to see UDD again.
9. Guilty Pleasure Song: No Touch — Juan de la Cruz Band
10. Song you used to hate but you now like: Lush Life — Zara Larsson
11. Song you used to love but now can’t stand: Kissin U — Miranda Cosgrove
12. Group you wish had never split: Narda
13. Favourite song from a video game: —
14. Favourite song from a film: Two of Us — Aimee Mann and Michael Penn (Beatles Cover)
15. Favourite song from an advert: —
16. Song you grew up with: Pretty Little Baby — Sexbomb Girls
17. First song/album you ever bought: Color It Red’s The Best of Color It Red
18. Album you found accidentally and love: Hoodie Allen’s All American
19. Favourite foreign language song: Rindu — Everybody Loves Irene
20. A song from the year you were born: —
21. Song from your favourite music genre: In Undertow — Alvvays
22. Most Over-rated song: —
23. Song you would recommend to everyone: Sili Song — Fatal Posporos
24. Song that reminds you of a specific event: Bathala — Talahib
25. Song you can’t help but sing along to: Kahimanawari — Pan
26. Favourite parody song: —
27. Favourite slow song: Indak — Up Dharma Down
28. Favourite fast song: BYOB — System of a Down
29. Favourite song at the moment: Rescue Song (RAC Remix) — Mr. Little Jeans
30. All time favourite song: A Case of You — Joni Mitchell
A few things of note:
- Some things change, some don’t. “Favourite” is such a capricious concept ‘no, which is weird because the word implies certainty? Hm, maybe I’m just indecisive.
- I still don’t know a lot of new OPM.
- The Sexbomb Girls are a big part of my childhood. I remember an interview in Startalk — home to the hottest meta-okrayan segment “T the Tigbak Authority” — in which Rochelle or Jopay or one of them said something like, “Mas gusto ko ang ‘Sexbomb Girls‘ kaysa ‘Sexbomb Dancers’ kasi hindi lang naman kami dancers — mga babae kami.” Strong, ‘teh.
- I’ve been listening to a lot of Pan and Fatal Posporos recently. I used to wish I was born a decade earlier so I could be a 90’s teen instead of a 90’s kid. Pinoy rock had its moments in the 2000s though, so it’s all good.
- I still love “A Case of You” big time. Damn all the lines, man, and especially these: I could drink a case of you, darling, and I would still be on my feet. Sheght. ❤