Today marks Day 4 of my attempt to solve an Excel VBA problem at work. My sheets look the same as they did last Friday, and the fact that I haven’t moved forward on this task makes me feel like my brain is nothing but a slightly cognitive swirl of cow manure graced with a dead langaw on top. Hayayay.
But anyway, let’s talk about June.
June was the month when I just wasn’t in the mood to do anything. Normally I would force myself to write a post every Sunday but I didn’t feel like doing that last month. I also got sick, I barely ate, and I struggled with both waking up in the morning and sleeping at night.
Continue reading “June”
I didn’t do anything productive at work today. No urgent tasks, no nothing. I just spent the first half of the day teaching myself SQL queries but I never got my code to work. Whatever.
For lunch our team went to an Asian restaurant, the kind where the chefs cook the food right in front you. I had salmon and veggies. I also wanted to try their unagi but maybe some other time, hopefully this weekend when my parents come over to visit.
After lunch I started working on a mini research project. I asked a colleague for ideas on how to narrow down the topic, and she recommended that I focus on the math, M&V and stuff. “I have resources I could send you,” she said. She never sent shit.
Continue reading “Mundane Monday”
Let’s do away with the usual kuda and go straight at it. I am currently
reading tweets, recaps, and articles about The Good Place, an American television show that I binge-watched this weekend; my favourite piece, so far, is Shawn Adler’s “A Moral Defense of Chidi’s Swoleness: An Ethical Examination of Abs in ‘The Good Place'”;
writing this post and another document that summarizes my notes on non-TGP articles I’ve read recently (e.g. Susan Sontag’s “Against Interpretation” and Gary Bettinson’s “Wong Kar Wai and the Poetics of Hong Kong Cinema”);
listening to the ticking of the clock and the humming of the furnace; I’m already in Sleep Mode so no more music;
thinking about how my weekend went — even though I didn’t leave the house and celebrated Halloween like a typical twenty-something living on This Side of the World, I still think my weekend was well spent;
Continue reading “Sunday Currently #3”
It’s been a long day.
I left the house a few minutes before 7:30. My goal was to be at the new work site by 8 am, and according to Google I still had enough wiggle room to get there right on schedule. I was cruising through 118 taking my sweet-ass time when I sensed a bright, white flash — a speeding ticket!
I couldn’t understand why I got flashed. I was only going a little above 60 — definitely under 65 — so, what did I do wrong? Maybe this was a 50 road, I told myself, but I wasn’t even a block away when I saw another flash. Wait — was I ticketed twice? Was there another hidden camera? Why would they set up two speeding flags so close to each other anyway?
Continue reading “Of speeding tickets and music habits”
Magpapaskil ako ng mga litrato bilang pananda sa nagdaang linggo. Maraming mga munting pighati ngunit marami ring munting tagumpay. Natutunan kong kaya ko namang kaligtaan (kahit panandalian) ang pag-inda sa mga problemang wala sa kamay ko ang solusyon. Naging mas maunawain din ako sa ibang tao, at lalo na sarili ko. Matagal ko nang ikinukumpisal ang mga pagkukulang at pagkakamali — panahon na upang patawarin ang sarili. Kaya ngayong gabi, hihinga ako. Magpapahinga ako. Kaya ko ‘to. #
Sinulat ko ‘to kagabi, Biernes. Pero Sabado na. Tapos na ang pahinga. Balik na ulit sa pag-aaral ugh ‘tang ina.
Today at work, I had to phone a supplier and discuss the possible implementation plans for one of our projects. I made a list of all the pertinent details I needed, a brief guide of sorts to ensure that I don’t miss anything important.
When I had all the questions typed out — damn son I panicked!
Continue reading “The Call Conundrum”
Because words are not on my side tonight and because I still owe Eila fourteen facts about myself — here comes the kraken:
Thank you Krishelinda for nominating me. Krishel paints pretty fan art and arki drawings so go check them out!
The rules of the award created by Okoto Enigma are these:
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Instead of three, I will share 14 things about moi:
- I don’t eat meat anymore.
- I have wonky teeth so I wear Invisalign.
- Three homies who changed my life (sort of): Karl Marx, Vladimir Lenin, and Mao Tse Tung
- I love oversized jackets with huge pockets à la Lindsay Weir.
- I don’t separate puti from de-kolor.
- I used to watch a lot of Japanese dramas.
- I love the word “tender.”
- I am super stoked for the World Cup next year.
- I know how to program in Assembly pero medyo lang.
- I prefer this_style over thisStyle.
- I find it weird how blog awards use the term “nominee” but declare no winner.
- Lorde’s Pure Heroine is constant in my top 10.
- I’m waiting for Saga to wrap up before I read the rest of the issues; I stopped at volume 5.
- I’m currently trying to figure out whether “try to relax” is indeed a paradox or not.
Continue reading “Jolens the Muse”